The Tekapo mattress by Sleepmaker is a high quality New Zealand made mattress, with the perfect balance of comfort and support. The Tekapo sits at a soft on the comfort scale, and has been specifically designed to conform perfectly to the body while minimising disturbance from your partner.
The Tekapo features layers of Dunlop foam, natural latex, breathable wool and features miracoil spring technology. The continuous coil design of the miracoil covers more surface area then regular spring systems due to its unique patented design. The result is a more consistent and even body support that will stand the test of time. Miracoil construction is especially designed to minimise partner disturbance. The latex layer, just beneath the pillow top, features natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which provide a healthier sleep experience.
The Tekapo mattress is finished off with a high quality pillow top made with luxurious NZ wool that is warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This pillow top is also flexible and resilient with high bounce back properties, making this bed extremely supportive and comfortable.
Backed by our Sleepmaker 10 Year Guarantee, your new mattress will feel and look good for a long time.
This mattress is available in the following sizes. Click on the images below to view
- The warranty covers all components and defects in materials and manufacturing.
- The warranty does not cover claims associated with normal wear and tear, customer misuse and issues with firmness or comfort.
- Please choose your mattress carefully. Once a mattress has been used, it cannot be returned and/or refunded.
- Mattresses will conform to your body and body impressions are likely to occur. This is expected and is not considered a defect with the mattress. There is a wear in period, where we suggest that you would normally need a month to get used to your new mattress. It may start to feel uncomfortable, especially as it gets to work to support your spine.
Mattresses covered by our 10-year warranty include the following:
- Sleepmaker (excluding Wakatipu)
- Prestige Nature
- Every six months, flip your mattress over if you have a double sided mattress. If you have a single sided mattress, rotate the mattress so that the foot of the mattress is now at the head. This will promote even wear and prolong the life of your mattress.
- Cover your mattress with a mattress protector. It is best to choose a washable cover that is easy to remove and recover.
- Remove dust from the mattress fabric regularly. Dust, dirt and dust mites will eventually build up on the mattress cover. Vacuum your mattress with an upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
- Do not allow the mattress interior to get wet. This may cause mould or rust to occur.
- On a nice day, it is recommended to air your mattress with the windows open and no linen on it.
- If your mattress becomes soiled, spot clean with a mild water –based cleaning agent. For major stains, it is recommended to contact an upholstery cleaning professional.