The Matheson mattress by Sleepmaker is a high quality New Zealand made mattress, which has been specifically designed to conform perfectly to the body while minimising disturbance from your partner. The Matheson has been created using a combination of layers featuring the latest technology, and carefully designed for total support and pure comfort. The Matheson sits at a medium on the comfort scale.
The Matheson features layers of Memory foam, NZ Dunlop foam, natural latex, breathable wool and features pocket spring technology. Unlike traditional spring systems where the springs are joined together, pocket spring mattresses are made up from independent coils. Having independent coils helps to isolate movement from spreading across the mattress, resulting in reduced partner disturbance. The latex layer, just beneath the pillow top, features natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which provide a healthier sleep experience.
The Matheson mattress is finished off with a high quality pillow top made with luxurious NZ wool that is warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This pillow top is also flexible and resilient with high bounce back properties, making this bed extremely supportive and comfortable.
Backed by our Sleepmaker 10 Year Guarantee, your new mattress will feel and look good for a long time.
This mattress is available in the following sizes. Click on the images below to view
- The warranty covers all components and defects in materials and manufacturing.
- The warranty does not cover claims associated with normal wear and tear, customer misuse and issues with firmness or comfort.
- Please choose your mattress carefully. Once a mattress has been used, it cannot be returned and/or refunded.
- Mattresses will conform to your body and body impressions are likely to occur. This is expected and is not considered a defect with the mattress. There is a wear in period, where we suggest that you would normally need a month to get used to your new mattress. It may start to feel uncomfortable, especially as it gets to work to support your spine.
Mattresses covered by our 10-year warranty include the following:
- Sleepmaker (excluding Wakatipu)
- Prestige Nature
- Every six months, flip your mattress over if you have a double sided mattress. If you have a single sided mattress, rotate the mattress so that the foot of the mattress is now at the head. This will promote even wear and prolong the life of your mattress.
- Cover your mattress with a mattress protector. It is best to choose a washable cover that is easy to remove and recover.
- Remove dust from the mattress fabric regularly. Dust, dirt and dust mites will eventually build up on the mattress cover. Vacuum your mattress with an upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
- Do not allow the mattress interior to get wet. This may cause mould or rust to occur.
- On a nice day, it is recommended to air your mattress with the windows open and no linen on it.
- If your mattress becomes soiled, spot clean with a mild water –based cleaning agent. For major stains, it is recommended to contact an upholstery cleaning professional.