Target Furniture is bound by the NZ Privacy Act 1993. For more information, visit www.privacy.org.nz.
When you use our services, youâ€™re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Target Furniture Security
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server. We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorised access.
Our website uses encryption technology, like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number. Our support office and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
The Information We Collect
Generally, you may browse the Target Furniture website without providing any personally identifiable information. However, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information at various times and places on this website. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, you may not be able to access all parts of this website or participate in all of its features, pricing, and product selection.
We may collect the following information:
- Any contact/personal information that you choose to provide when using our products. For example, name and contact information including email address and/or phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Other (non-identifiable) Information We May Collect
For statistical purposes we collect anonymous information on web site activity such as:
- Browser activity: Information about how you use our products, such as the types of content you view or engage with. For example (but not limited to); top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, and most popular session times.
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, browser type, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, and connection speed.
- Cookie data: We collect information from partners such as third-party advertisers, developers, can send us information through Facebook Business Tools they use, including our social plug-ins (such as the Like button), Facebook Login, our APIs and SDKs, or the Facebook pixel.
We use this data to evaluate our web site performance and to improve the content we display to you. To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including click-through from email marketing), we may use third parties to collect statistical data.
No personal information is collected on these occasions.
Your Choices Regarding Use of the Information We Collect
You have several choices regarding our handling of your non-public personally identifiable information.
Direct Mail or Telephone Marketing: If you shop at the Target Furniture or Private Sales stores and wish to be removed from the list of customers that receive direct mail or telemarketing calls, please either write to Target Furniture Customer Service at 321 Ti Rakau Drive, Burswood, Auckland 2013, New Zealand or call 0800 TARGET (0800 827438).
What are Cookies?
You can, of course, disable cookies and web beacons on your computer by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in your browser. However, it is possible that some parts of our website will not operate correctly if you disable cookies.
We at Target Furniture are committed to ensuring that your information is safe. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Online Account Registration
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register on the Target Furniture website. As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once; they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. If you are using a public computer, we strongly encourage you to sign out when you finish shopping. Your information will still be stored with us but it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
Emails ... We Like to Stay in Touch!
You will receive (non-annoying) promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive email from Target Furniture or its affiliates (was it something we said?) you can click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. It may take us 3 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.